This group is responsible for communicating and disseminating the process and outcomes of the Consultations led by the JMP on the Post-2015 targets and indicators. The group received its terms of reference from the Second Global Stakeholder Consultation in the Hague, where it was recommended that a set of short communications materials are produced and communications activities take place to ensure that key stakeholders are informed about the WASH post-2015 proposals. The group is made up of a core membership of the Chairs & co-Chairs of the four working groups that developed the technical proposals for targets and indicators during 2012, as well as communications specialists from the same institutions, and the staff of the JMP.
In January 2014 the JMP team and the Working Group chairs met to refine and update existing target and indicator proposals to maximize uptake in 2014-2015. While the vision, principles and the core focus remain the same, improvements were made to the technical quality and communication of the proposals in response to the feedback following The Hague Consultation and evolution of the post-2015 dialogue.
Core group of experts:
- Amanda Marlin, Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council (Communications and Advocacy WG Chair)
- Tom Slaymaker, WaterAid (water WG Chair)
- Hannah Ellis, WaterAid
- Catarina Fonseca, IRC (water WG co-Chair)
- Eddy Perez, Water and Sanitation Program, World Bank (sanitation WG Chair)
- Christopher Walsh, World Bank
- Clarissa Brocklehurst, Consultant
- Cindy Kuschner, Sanitation and Water for All, UNICEF
- Merri Weinger, USAID (hygiene WG Chair)
- Orlando Hernandez, WASHplus, USAID (hygiene WG co-Chair)
- Catarina de Albuquerque, UN Special Rapporteur on the Human Right to Water and Sanitation (equity and non-discrimination WG Chair)
- Madoka Saji, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Joint Monitoring Programme staff at WHO and UNICEF
- WSSCC staff (Chris Williams, Sara Cortes, Ceridwen Johnson, Saskia Castelein)
The following five fact sheets produced by the Working Group are available in English, French and Spanish. These are now being revised and the 2014 leaflets and the 12 page factsheet supersede these.
- Short briefing document on WASH and the post-2015 (English, French, Spanish)
- Summary of proposed detailed WASH Targets and Indicators (English, French, Spanish)
- Summary of the WHO/UNICEF JMP-led technical process on the formulation of Post-2015 WASH Targets and Indicators (English, French, Spanish)
- Consolidated Proposal on Post-2015 drinking-water, sanitation and hygiene indicators, targets and definitions – version May 2013 (English, French, Spanish)
- Briefing document on inequalities (English, French, Spanish)